Saturday 15 November 2014

I found one of my old poems...

Penned in 2012 by yours truly...

Having it all.

Twas a calm sunny day
on a sea of deep blue
when we sallied forth
in our boat for two.

How we loved, we laughed,
we had a ball.
Hand in hand together,
my love we had it all.

Then along came a deep grey cloud
it dimmed the shining sun.
So we huddled even closer
while the storm around us spun.

But we loved , we laughed,
we had a ball,
Hand in hand together,
my love we had it all.

Our sail it was lambasted.
The dark, it made us shudder.
Hot, salty water stung our eyes,
tenaciously we held our rudder.

We still loved and laughed,
tried to have a ball,
hand in hand together.
My love we had it all .

The storm in time did blow away,
the wind and rain they died.
Drenched, I sat on tattered deck,
holding you close right by my side.

For we'll always love and laugh,
we'll have our ball, our sun.
Hand in hand together, my love, our journey carries on.

© Hedgerow Art 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment